Rim fixed our under kitchen cabinet lighting that was not working.
Research available from the electrical safety body, the NICEIC, has found that the public are mostly unaware of the electrical dangers lurking in their homes. Householders that were questioned had electrical hazards in their homes including exposed bare wires, loose cables, old wiring and overloaded sockets.
The research also shows a considerable level of ignorance about the condition of home electrics. 40% of people had no idea about the age of the wiring within their home and 1 in 5 said their wiring was as much as 30 years old. More than half of those questioned did not know how often house wiring should be checked by a qualified electrician, despite faulty electrics being responsible for an average of 12,500 house fires, 750 serious injuries and 10 deaths each year.
Your electrical system ages and degrades over time and with use, you have an MOT yearly for your car, an occasional medical check-up for yourself and yet you will live in a building surrounded by an electrical installation that could potentially be a death trap. A simple Electrical Inspection carried out by a qualified electrician can easily put your mind to rest.
There are two forms of testing that can be carried out and each have their own benefits and merits:
1) A Visual Inspection - A brief look at the main components of your installation, with the electrician providing his/her professional opinion. This would be accompanied with a one- or two-page report.
2) A Full Periodic Inspection (in service inspection and test) - A comprehensive inspection and testing of your installation, cables will be tested to see if they have degraded since being installed, a full report approximately five to six pages often including photographs should be provided.
A Visual Inspection should cost you between £85 to £100+VAT whilst a Full Periodic Inspection should be between £150 and £200+VAT for a 3 bedroom property. Other electricians’ prices may vary (however if you are quoted less, then be aware that they may not be allowing enough time to complete the inspection correctly). Always ensure that you use a qualified and registered electrician. Electrical safety is paramount to us so please contact us Today!